Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Kid scares dog

I had three of my grandchildren over yesterday. The girls are 14 and 15 and they are happy as pigs in a poke just to either watch TV or use the computer. And then of course, Gammy has to have their special foods that they like to eat.

On the other hand, my 7-year-old grandson is a bit hyper and has a hard time staying tuned into any one thing for longer than two minutes. As for food, he ate two bananas and a PB sandwich. He did have some crackers for a snack. Now, he's as cute as a button and we love him to pieces, but he scares our one dog.

Let me just say that Icarus is 15 pounds of attitude and he loves everyone. He greets you with "Hey, aren't I just the cutest little thing? Pet me, hug me, tell me I'm a good boy." Then he snarls at his brother, Zeus, with, "Get away from here. These people are supposed to like me best." And poor big ole Maggie. She wags her long tail just hoping someone will notice her and not just the little guys.

Icarus got his attention with the grandson. He hugged him, and hugged him, and picked him up. By the end of the day Icarus would look at the boy and slink away--something we've never seen him do before. He'd jump in my lap or anyone's lap just to escape the boy! I swear he let out a long sigh when my grandson left. He liked the 14-year-old granddaughter. The older granddaughter likes cats, she isn't a dog person.

Maggie likes it when someone throws a stick or a ball for her. But then she won't leave you alone. She can play for hours if she has someone willing to play that long. Zeus is happy to go outdoors and chase squirrels or catch lizards or moles--and it's disgusting when he catches the moles and lizards. He's not fast enough to catch a squirrel. As for small boys, he says hi, now leave me alone or I'll jump up and snap your nose--not hard--just to get your attention that you really need to buzz off. Everyone else is okay--just small boys drive him nuts. They want to roughhouse with him.

Well, time to get some work done--like laundry, cleaning the house, and maybe even some writing!

Till we meet again--have a great time.

No comments: