Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Bad Icarus

Oh boy. Icarus is 15 lb of attitude, ya know? Well last night when the dogs went out to do their thing, the next door neighbor's dog must've been out to. They live on 3 acres and we have 1 acre, with half-an-acre fenced in for the dogs to run.

I heard the three monsters barking, so I went out to get them. Zeus, usually the last one in, came first, followed by Maggie. Icarus generally comes right in. But no Icarus. I called and called for him.

Now y'all remember we had that bear drop by recently, so I worried he came and got little Icarus. I got the flashlight and cane and went out into the yard yelling for Icarus and looking for any escape routes. There were none.
About five more minutes went by and all I could think was "that darned dog better not have been taken off by some creature. I just spent $35 on him today getting his haircut and bath."

Then I saw the neighbor's lights on--2 acres over. He yelled, "I think we have your dog over here." He returned the monster who was now dirty.
The next morning I went out and checked for holes or something Icarus could've climbed on to get over. Everything was secure.

Icarus is part cat we think. He jumps off the deck 7 feet off the ground, he jumps half way up the screen door and we assumed he jumped so high that he went right over the fence and into the neighbor's yard! There's no other way he could've escaped.

Now he's being followed around by this lady with the cane that steers him back to the house--and not into the neighbor's yard!

Bad Icarus!
dg

No comments: