Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dee Gatrell's Writing News

Dee Gatrell's Writing News
November 9, 2006

Last Tuesday I worked at the election poll in Deland and worked as a deputy dog. After more than 13 hours, I was ready to collapse when I got home. My feet and back hurt, but so did most everyone else's. We stayed busy and that was good--means a lot of people voted.
There was one young man--I think of Asian descent--he said it was his first time to vote and he grinned from ear to ear when I congratulated him.
Later, near closing time, we had a mouse that must've wanted to vote. He tried getting in the door, so we closed it. I guess he was looking for food. And he didn't scare easily. He kept coming back to where we were sitting. I took my cane and told him to scat. He looked at me with his beady little eyes and I think he was saying, "Give me some food and I'll leave you alone!" But I didn't have any food.
There was a young boy and girl waiting in the car for their mom to finish voting. The boy--of course--was fascinated and wanted to see the mouse and got out. The girl kept saying, "Close the door! I don't want the mouse in here." As brothers do, he kept teasing her.

I sent off another story to TC--hope they'll like it. Now I need to write more and more!

That's it. Nothing else new

DG

1 comment:

Dee Hendershot Gatrell said...

Yeah? How'd you do that?
dee