Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Bummer

Well, let me try this again. I wrote and I lost it.

The editor of True Confessions is leaving the magazine. Now this may not seem like a biggie to you, but to those of us who wrote for her, it is a biggie. She not only bought our stories, but she encouraged us as writers. And that meant a lot of us. Writing isn't as easy as people may think it is. You put your heart and soul into a piece and then it gets rejected.
Then you start all over again to see about the next thing you write. As writers, we all know that writing is subjective. What you may like, I may hate. So it all depends on who's reading your story/novel as to if it sells.
The editor of TC even called me a few times to tell me she liked what I wrote and to encourage my other writing. And that meant a lot to me.
I really want to wish her the best at whatever she does next.

She has sold a novel to Harlequin. So if you see a book by Nathasha Harris-Brooks--pick it up and buy it. As writers, we all need each other's, as well as our family and friends, support.

As readers, God, we love you. Without you, where would we be?
Everyone have a great day. And when it's not so good a day, pick up a magazine or book and read it. This will help lift your spririts!

Hugs,
Dee

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Dee, you're fast on the draw, girl!