Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Surprise Swim for Icarus

We have three dogs, Maggie, the shephard rescue dog, Zeus, the overweight white schnauzer and Icarus, the 18 lb schnauzer.

Icarus is the one who gets into trouble the most. He attacks the other dogs because he thinks it's fun.

Sometimes when he and Maggie are playing, they both take one end of the toy and Maggie starts to swing it around. Icarus won't let go and go flying in the air, sometimes hitting the tables.

Icarus has another hobby--spying on the neighbors. Our spa is on the back porch and he's discovered if he jumps on top of the cover, then he can spy on the neighbors.

We had to drain the spa to clean it, and I left half of it open until I could get the stuff together and Larry could drain it. So I'm in the bedroom and I hear splash! Paddle, paddle. I take a look and there's Icarus with a surprise look on his face waiting to be picked out of the tub! Can you imagine his surprise when he ended in the water? Thankfully, he knows how to swim.

What? You think all dogs swim? Not true. Maggie and Icarus can swim. Zeus cannot swim. Last year when I took him in for a swimming lesson he about beat me to death. I only want him to learn to swim to the steps in case he falls in. But every year it's the same the thing--FEAR! PANIC!

Hmm. Wonder if I can get one of those kid type suits and make him wear it when he's outside this summer.

Dee

No comments: