Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

My stories

My stories
Category: Writing and Poetry


Hello,

Tis' only a week away from Christmas. Do you have all your shopping done? Yeah, well, I think I do. But you know how that goes. "Oops. I think I forgot Aunt Miltilda and you know she always brings that fruit cake that we pretend we love and then throw it out the minute she leaves."

Or, Uncle Don--who thinks bringing a pint of whiskey is his contribution to dinner. Well, okay, it is "his" contribution. He drinks every drop of it!

I went to the store today to buy the January True Confession Magazine. I knew from one of my fellow confession writers that one of my stories was in this month's issue, but to my surprise, I have two stories in this month.

If you get a chance, pick up the January issue of True Confessions and read Bride Wanted: ASP and Penniless, Betrayed and Depressed. I can assure you, you won't be depressed after reading that story! I love Bobbi Jo. She has guts.

Tomorrow our new granddaughter will be delivered. I'll let you know how all goes. So you see, Autumn, the baby in the picture, will have a new Aunt. Yep, that's right.

dg


11:50 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

3 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

If mud is dirt plus water, what is clay? Aiken? *snicker*

Congrats on the stories! I'm subscribing to TR and TC as Christmas presents to myself but they won't start til probably February. Now I won't have to use 5 gallons of gasoline and umteen hours of time hunting down the magazines.

Marilyn

Dee Hendershot Gatrell said...

haven't figured out how to do pics on this blog--only AB's on the other blog--Ashley put it there!

Dee Hendershot Gatrell said...

Below: Gammy and Emma