Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Monday, January 29, 2007

That Icarus is at it again!

I don't know how Icarus does things. I mean, we had to put a gate on the deck for winter, because he thought it was okay to walk on the water--cover on top of water. We told him that only Jesus can walk on water, not him.

But I've told you his other tales. This morning I let the three dogs out to do their business. The boys were in their doggie PJ's. And when I went to get them in--there stood Icarus on the deck! Now I tell you, there was no way for him to get up there. The gate had no gaps in it and it's on the top step. How, pray tell, did Icarus get onto the deck?

We had company tonight and put the doggie gate up on the bedroom door to keep the three dogs away from the guest. Who else but Icarus figured out how to open the gate just enough for him to squeeze through? And he thought he was so smart, listening to Zeus making yippy noises because he couldn't figure out how to escape while little Mr. Icarus was out getting all the attention and walking past the gate laughing!

The dog is something else!

dg

No comments: