Welcome to Dee's Pad

My life as a writer, and as a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Hair Dye

Have anyone else ever noticed that your hair never turns out the same color as they show on the hair dye box? You follow directions. You leave it on X amount of time. You rinse it out. But yet when the color is supposed to be light ash brown--it turns out--get this--BLACK!

Yes, I now have black hair. Far cry from the shade on the box.

Yet, when I get it dyed professionally, it turns out pretty close to the swatch they show me. But sometimes you have to economize and do your own hair, which was the case this past weekend. I mean, why spend that money at the beauty shop when you see those ads on TV that shows how easy it is to acheive the color you want.

Now I know why!

Perhaps I should've used the dye on my white schnauzers who are a dirty gray most of the time from the dirt in the yard as they run a race around and around, stirring up the leaves and sand.

Dee

No comments: